One thing I have learned when it comes to fashion is that SOME things NEVER go out of style. Am I right?! Those things are typically what we call a “basic”... meaning that it’s simple and can go with multiple different styles, colors, etc. Who doesn’t love multipurposing?! I mean it’s the best way to get most bang for your buck.
Check out my list of 6 Wardrobe Basics You Betta Have:
- A white tee. Sounds simple right? We aren’t talking about the Hanes, or Fruit of the Loom types here. We’re talking a crisp white tee. Start out your outfit with a blank slate. A white tee can bring together bold patterns and anchor statement pieces. Get you one girl! Shameless plug…. Grab our famous white tee, the Faith V Neck tee HERE.
- The LBD. The little black dress. Obvs I know… but SOME people still don’t get it! Dress it up or down. It can be elegant as fuck, or cool as a cucumber. Seriously! Throw on a bright colored belt and some flats for a funky day look, or add some sparkle and glitz for a more elegant date night style.
- Dark wash skinny jeans. Ok… so not EVERYONE loves skinny jeans. But they really are slimming on just about every figure. Dark wash never goes out of style and they are perfect for dressing up or down. These are definitely one of the staples I have in my closet that I wear multiple times a week! A little distress never hurts either. Have you seen our American Blue distressed jeans? Check ‘em out HERE.
- Neutral colored pumps. Black or nude are perfect. I mean seriously you could throw these on with the dark wash skinny jeans and the white tee and you’d have yourself a mighty fine looking outfit! Nude pumps are amazing at toning down an outfit that might have it’s pop of color somewhere else and literally every woman on the planet needs her a good pair of black pumps.
- A wrap dress. This dress style is flattering on every shape and curve. Really! Try one if you haven’t, I dare you! Find a color/pattern that is versatile and you have yourself an entire outfit. Add some jewelry and a pair of flats for running errands or throw on those heels for a date night out.
- Simple flats. They don’t have to be FLAT flats. The kind that hurt your feet. Find a good quality pair of “flats” that have arch support and get your comfy on! Bonus points for pointed toes! Did you know that pointy toe shoes make your legs look longer? It’s true!
If you are trying to jump on the fashion wagon, or your closet is overflowing and you need to downsize, these are the pieces you want. Simple. Understated. Yet SO versatile.
What are your favorite basic wardrobe pieces? And how do you wear them best? Shout out below!